New Asahi Broadcasting Corporation Head Office
Planned as part of the Aqua Metropolis Osaka α Project, the new Asahi Broadcasting Head Office is a large-scale broadcasting facility containing four television studios, five radio studios and a 300-seat open-recording auditorium. Designed to make the most of the aquatic environment, the building is made so that it seems to open out onto the nearby river, while the River Deck serves as the third floor approach and the tenth floor features the Sky Deck gardens. Indeed, the building was selected for the Ministry of the Environment's Cool City Pilot Program in recognition of efforts to combat the heat island phenomenon by giving the building a rooftop garden and installing recycled wooden louvers. What is more, the building is the first among the major broadcasters to have an earthquake-resistant structure, and boasts a higher level of safety and reliability.
- Streamlined energy use through BAS
- Rooftop garden, use of air from outside in cooling system and regulation of carbon dioxide concentration help reduce air conditioning burden
- High-efficiency lighting and transformers used for greater energy conservation
- Lighting controlled by people movement sensors and brightness sensors
- Recycled wood and aluminum used as building materials, rain water used for greater resource conservation